COUNCIL ON POSTSECONDARY EDUCATION
Title of Position: Senior Associate, Academic Affairs
Period: Full time state government non-merit position
Starting Date: Open until filled, 1st date for submissions to be reviewed will be
Compensation: Competitive salary and state benefits
The Council on Postsecondary Education coordinates change and improvement in Kentucky's postsecondary education system as directed by the Kentucky Postsecondary Education Improvement Act of 1997. The Council is a statewide coordinating agency.
The Senior Associate will work within the division of the Vice President and Academic Affairs to assist with academic programming, evaluation, review of faculty qualifications, and will take a lead role in several specific academic programming initiatives.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assume a lead role in managing a portfolio of programs and initiatives related to the new State-wide Strategic Agenda
- Support the division of academic affairs and assist with academic program planning,program review, program evaluation/assessment
- Identify opportunities for research, state-wide grants, and facilitate regional stewardship,
- Coordinate targeted academic summits and work cooperatively with programs of
- Identify and facilitate strategies to lead under-represented minority and low-income student success initiatives
- Work cooperatively with state-wide constituency, higher education campus personnel, and other stakeholders for special initiatives
- Conduct periodic research into academic affairs initiatives and provide Council leadership with policy suggestions and background information
- Direct/lead periodic site visits to campuses for project completion
- Produce research and data presentations for Council staff and give presentations to stakeholders in higher education and in other public settings
- Track national, state, and regional data sources and make information available to Council staff
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Doctoral degree in the Social Sciences, Higher Education, Educational Administration, Grant Writing, Evaluation, or Public Policy, with three or more years of responsible experience on a college/university campus
- Experience with teaching and administrative functions in a higher education environment
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills with a desire to work as part of a team and to interact with multiple constituencies of the higher education community
- The ability to prioritize competing demands in a changing, collaborative environment
- Strong follow-through skills and attention to detail, especially under deadline pressures
- Experience with evaluation and grant writing/administration
- A mix of strong analytical, research, writing, and communication skills
Interested applicants should send a letter of application specifically addressing the
responsibilities and qualifications of the position; a curriculum vita or resume; and, the names, titles, and contact information (phone and email) for at least three professional references to:
Rebecca Bowman, Human Resources
Kentucky Council on Postsecondary Education
1024 Capital Center Dr., Ste. 320
Frankfort, KY 40601
The Council on Postsecondary Education is an equal opportunity employer.